Monumental palace, inhabited over the centuries by illustrious personalities At the end of the 17th century, the Duke of Calabritto bought the land on which the building stands today from the monks of the nearby convent of Santa Maria a Cappella and used it for the construction of his residence. In 1736, although still unfinished, it was inherited by his son Vincenzo who had to give it to King Charles who had fallen in love with the new palace but, however, did not bother to finish the construction. In 1754, the Tuttavilla family succeeded in regaining possession of it by returning the sum paid to the king and, two years later, entrusted the renovation work to the architect Luigi Vanvitelli who intervened on the facade of the two entrance portals: Via Calabritto 20 and Piazza dei Martiri 30. The portal that opens onto the square is flanked by two fluted columns and as many pillars with Ionic capitals that support the long balcony of the main floor. The windows that overlook it also have alternately triangular and arched tympanums, in turn surmounted by some portholes and by the openings of the upper floors. The base, on the other hand, has the entrances to the shops, with the balconies above replicating the design of the top floor. On Via Calabritto, on the other hand, the entrance portal has a sunburst rosta and two columns that, before the capital, end with female heads from which hang decorative garlands. Finally, the interior was also retouched by Vanvitelli who built the courtyard with a double atrium and the staircase that, on the side of Piazza Vittoria, does not follow the palace in its height, but leads to a terrace overlooking the gulf. Subsequently, the entire building was divided and sold separately to a Real Estate, the Caracciolo family and the Piscicelli family who entrusted almost all the first floor to the Anglican Church, until the religious moved to Via Cappella Vecchia. In addition, as mentioned by an epigraph placed on the facade on the side of the square, the building was inhabited by the jurist Alberto Marghieri.